Some notes taken this morning in our “CMS Tips & Tricks” session:
- I am S.O.L.
- The Staging Agent sucks large.
- Working with Staging is like being behind someone in the print queue who happens to be printing an 80-page pdf, and the job has stalled. And the person has left the cluster.
- Staging XOR Production
- Web interfaces suck.
- Every tip/trick is a real kludge.
- Microsoft sucks.
- If it’s going to take you more than an hour to upload a set of files, send the job to India.
- Don’t ever use the Resource Uploader. It’s broken.
- Oddly enough, in eWebEditPro, closing the window = saving the changes.
- When re-uploading files, replace, don’t delete.
- Everything is majorly unreliable and glitchy.
- eWebEditPro puts span tags everywhere and outputs horrible, horrible code.
- For my own sanity, I should print out the CSS and highlight the relevant styles.
- Everything is going to be very very slow.
- Working in CMS is going to drive me crazy.
Marvelous. I can’t wait.